Yesterday was the best day ever. I firmly believe that God moved in so many ways through so many people in my life here in Haiti. We began the morning by teaching the mommies at our usual time, only this time we had people from a team voulenteer to help. It was so amazing to have a person with each mommy, one on one teaching. Everyone was having SUCH a great time. Not only were the mommies using English but the Americans helping were having the experience of a lifetime. My heart was so full of joy to be supervising all of these people and see them building relationships unlike any other. We stayed an hour late because we were all having so much fun! God truly brings together people in the most random circumstances.

Last night we had a small group type thing with a bunch of the interns and some of the younger staff. It was amazing. We all shared our days and then two people, Diana and Bailey, shared their life stories. Every week we made it a plan to each share our stories. I have not had true community and thirstyness like this since I left for New York a year ago. These people are just so vulnerable and willing to share all of who they are. It is amazing how connected I feel to all of them and how I have felt so full since we had the small group.

"To know is to love, and to be known is to be loved"

I feel so loved and so full after last night. And we needed this group so badly, it is a challenge to experience what we do here and not have any intentional time to talk about it. God is good, and he has answered my prayers with this small group. Something as simple as sitting and talking about your day and sharing your story can be refreshing.. And to get to know others in a deep meaningful way is even better. I am so thankful for what God is doing in Haiti, through this mission and beyond. I could stay here forever.. And I am seriously wanting to get a job here after I graduate.

God is good.


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.